Sunday, January 9, 2011

All About Me - Misty Haas - ENG 232

Hello fellow classmates,            
          My name is Misty Haas and this is my 5th year at CCC&TI.  I have been attending since fall 2006’.  Seems as though I live here.  I am on the Caldwell campus in Hudson.  I am graduating in May of this year with 3 associate degrees and a diploma.  I am graduating with an Early Childhood Associate (Diploma), Early Childhood – Fundamentals Option (Associate degree), Early Childhood – Business Option (Associate degree), and General Education (Associate degree).  I currently hold four certificates in Early Childhood which are Child Care Operator, School-Age Provider, Infant/Toddler, and Teacher/Caregiver.  I decided since I have all of these classes, I should just continue and get my Associate in Arts or Science degree.  I am currently working on my Core 44 to transfer to a 4 year college.  I want to be an Elementary School teacher.  I am happily married and have been for 10 years now.  I am currently unemployed and my husband is disabled.  We have two handsome boys whose ages are 10 and 8.  The oldest is in the 5th grade and the youngest is in the 2nd grade.  Our family loves animals we have 4 outside dogs (2 Pit-Bulls, Boxer, and Labrador), 4 inside dogs (Teacup Female Chihuahua (CKC registered), Toy Male Chihuahua (CKC registered), Female Chihuahua (CKC registered), and Teacup Chihuahua/Chinese Crested) which I am going to breed and sell the puppies, 4 outside cats, 2 rabbits, 2 turtles, 2 pigs (to eat), 2 gerbils, hamster, white mice, and a Ball Python which eats the white mice.  I am very busy through the week with their homework and my homework.  I am taking 4 classes this semester for a total of 13 credit hours.  I am in Rel 110-620 (on-line course), PSY 241-620 (on-line course), ENG 232-620 (on-line course), and BIO 110-680C (hybrid course).  I love on-line classes and wish that all of them were on-line.  I like working at my own pace and in my own environment.  I have taken several on-line classes in the 5 years that I have been here.  I love taking on-line classes but you have to have self-discipline and be able to study on your own.  I chose this class because I needed it for my degree but also because it interests me.  I enjoy reading if it is something that interests me.  I love to read the books by Dave Pelzer.  Some of his books are the “A Child Called It” and all the sequels to that book.  I had to read “A Child Called It” in my Child Development II class and it was a great book even though it is horrifying that way that a mother could possibly treat her own child.  If you have never read the book I encourage you to read it because these things are happening in our world today.  I like to read romance and mystery books as well.  In my English 113 I read “Serena” and I loved that book.  In my Reading 090 class I read the “Hot Zone” and it was a wonderful book as well.  As you can see I do enjoy reading books but it has to be interesting in order for me to get into it.  The assignments in this class seem to be interesting and most of the readings are in a decent time frame.  I say that because it is not like old, old, old literature.  I chose to take American Literature II instead of American Literature I since this class focuses on pretty recent material.  I hope that everyone has a wonderful semester.  I am looking forward to read everyone’s blog, so that I can get to know everyone better. 
                                       Have a great semester,
                                                   Misty Jane Haas

No comments:

Post a Comment